Looking for a social media content planner and prompts for each day? One that doesn’t cost you a dime and that you can download directly for free, without signing up to an annoying e-mail list? Good, you have come to the right place. On this page you will always be able to download our latest social media planner template for free as a PDF. And not only that; you will also get many other useful social media planner templates and content ideas!
Social Media Content Planner 2021/2022 PDF
This monthly content planner for 2021 and 2022 is now free to download! Print out and fill it in with your content ideas and notes.
Like each of the free downloads on this page, this social media content planner comes in both A4 and US Letter size. The download button for the high-quality PDFs is found right below the end of this article.
Social Media Calendar PDF
Knowing what you have done on social media each day is important if you want to publish new content consistently and achieve long-term results. My free social media calendar PDF comes in two varieties: one with a checklist box for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter and another one with Facebook and Instagram plus two empty checklist fields where you can write down whatever other social media you use for your business, such as Snapchat or TikTok.
Both of these social media calendars can be downloaded in high quality at the bottom of this article, together with all the other printable products mentioned here.
20 Awesome Post Ideas for Small Businesses
Do you sometimes feel like you’d need a little help with your next Instagram or Facebook post? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! With these 20 post ideas you will always have something interesting and engaging to post about.
- Share your favorite resources or tools (relevant to your audience)
- Create a photo collage of your products or company photos
- Share a story that relates to a social media holiday
- Share a personal success story (remember: you define success, so don’t be too picky)
- Share a piece of news that is relevant to your niche and your audience
- Employee or co-founder spotlight. Let your employee, colleague or co-founder steal the spotlight this time. Maybe try a mini-interview?
- Inform about an upcoming sale and build some hype around it
- Create a poll for your audience
- Share a fun fact about your company.
- Behind-the-scenes. Share a photo from behind the scenes and explain what’s happening. The funnier, the better.
- Write about your latest blog post
- Show a preview/sneak peek of what you are working on at there moment
- Answer a Frequently Asked Question
- Share a helpful tip on how to use one of your products
- Create a carousel post showcasing your best-selling products
- Share a customer review and explain what makes it special
- Share an inspiring quote. Also explain why it inspires you. Get personal.
- Tell your audience what your typical work day looks like
- Share the story behind the name of your business
- Five (5) facts about you, your business or your product
Popular Types of Social Media Content
What content works best on social media? When you fill in your social media content calendar or planner, you want to know the answer to this question. The question is not easy to answer for a few different reasons. Firstly, it depends on your product: some products are more naturally suited for certain types of content. Secondly, there are so many types of content that work extremely well for certain brands that you just have to try them out yourself and see what works. Here are the most popular types of social media content:
- Interactive Content
- User-Generated Content (reposts, user-created art or photos)
- Testimonials / Customer Reviews
- Stories (Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, Twitter Fleets)
- Ask Me Anything (AMA)
- TikTok Videos (yes, even reposted to another social media platform)
- Live Streams
- Social Media Holidays
Ideas For Your Social Media Content Planner
Here are a few ideas that will help you make the most of your social media planner.
- Be flexible. In many cases you can swap one daily idea for another, or just tweak the idea a little. Whatever feels right.
- Need more hashtags? We have a great list of hashtags for every day of the week that will help you get started with the ever-evolving hashtag game.
- Need quick and easy content ideas? Check out our social media holiday calendar. If you find a holiday that resonates with your personality or business, just include it in your weekly planning. Each holiday always has one or more hashtags, so make sure that you include those in your post.
FAQ – Social Media Content Planners
Answered below are the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about social media content planners.
A Social Media Content Planner is a document, digital or physical, where you gather your social media post ideas and other content-related information such as hashtags and social media holidays and other important dates. Planners are usually either weekly, monthly or yearly. Content planners are popular among people who take social media marketing seriously, since a planner helps them be better organized and prepared for future social media posts and campaigns. Some social media content planners might have separate sections or pages for different social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok, whereas others are more general to their nature.
Social media is the best FREE way to connect with your target audience and tell them about yourself and what you have to offer. Millions of people spend hours on Facebook and Instagram every day. And you don’t need to be a top photographer or professional social media content creator to get noticed on social media. What you need is two things: smart content and consistency. For most of us, this is the hardest part. To achieve consistency and fresh content ideas, you need a great social media content calendar. My content prompts are here for everyone who wants their social media efforts to bring real-life results.
In this article, I share ideas on what to include in your social media content calendar, as well as free templates for you to print out. Having great templates is important, because they help you stay organized. As a blogger and entrepreneur I know how important it is not to waste any time when it comes to social media. I have used these very same social media planners that I share with you and find them useful. Having your whole week planned out for you is a game-changer. The content prompts included here will make this job much easier for you and save you HOURS of work – time that you never get back – and removes unnecessary pressure and anxiety.
I want to help small business owners, solopreneurs, bloggers and aspiring social media influencers to take their social media presence to the next level. My templates are for people who:
– are busy and need help with organizing their social media efforts.
– need help with social media content creation.
– want to be more efficient and never miss a deadline.
– want fresh ideas
– want social media efforts to bring better results, more engagement and followers
The Social Media Content Planner and other templates on this page can all be downloaded for free. You can download them without sharing any information with us – no e-mails, names or anything. It is totally free. Just download it and go grow your business.
The terms “social media content calendar” and “social media content planner” are practically interchangeable. Calendars, however, usually look like calendars do whereas content planners can have different designs.
There is, perhaps surprisingly, quite a clear difference between a social media planner and a social media content planner. The difference is that social media planners often do not include content ideas (content prompts, post inspiration, hashtags etc.). In other words, a content planner inspires and helps you with your content, whereas a social media planner is a template where you can write down your own ideas.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Leave us a comment. Have a great day!