Every year people around the world celebrate chocolate on World Chocolate Day. This day is one of many chocolate-themed holidays and is not to be confused with National Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day. Some sources suggest that International Chocolate Day and World Chocolate Day are terms that can be used interchangeably, but this is not the case. International Chocolate Day takes place on September 13, whereas World Chocolate Day is observed on July 7. Even Google seems to have these two mixed up, offering the two holidays when searching for “World Chocolate Day”.
To make things more interesting, the aforementioned holidays are by no means the only chocolate holidays. There is also a National Milk Chocolate Day, National White Chocolate Day, National Chocolate Mousse Day, National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day, and a National Cocoa Day! In other words, chocolate-lovers have something to celebrate all-year-round, not just on World Chocolate Day.
When is World Chocolate Day?
World Chocolate Day is celebrated annually on July 7.
Year Date World Chocolate Day 2021 Wednesday, July 7 World Chocolate Day 2022 Thursday, July 7 World Chocolate Day 2023 Friday, July 7 World Chocolate Day 2024 Sunday, July 7 World Chocolate Day 2025 Monday, July 7 World Chocolate Day 2026 Tuesday, July 7
When did World Chocolate Day start?
World Chocolate Day was first mentioned in 2008 in the surprisingly influential marketing book called The 2009 Weird & Wacky Holiday Marketing Guide. The holiday has grown in significance ever since. On Instagram alone, the hashtag #worldchocolateday has been used in almost 90,000 posts. In 2020, the hashtag #worldchocolateday2020 was used in over 4,600 posts, when the hashtag #worldchocolateday2019 the year before was only used in a bit over 1,000 posts. In other words, this holiday is growing and it is growing fast!
World Chocolate Day Post Ideas
Every year, thousands observe World Chocolate Day on social media. It is the perfect day to buy some chocolate for your loved ones, but also yourself. Small businesses, entrepreneurs and influencers on the other hand take to social media to celebrate. If you are looking for World Chocolate Day post ideas, here are a few helpful ideas to get you started.
- Post idea 1: If you have a shop that sells chocolate, post a picture of your chocolate assortment. If you, or someone else, can pose in the picture as well, that’s even better. You could also make a beautiful sign with the text “World Chocolate Day” and hold that. The more fun the picture is, the better. You could also consider having a special discount on chocolate, which could be announced a day before in a “story” post (Instagram Stories or similar).
- Post idea 2: Share facts about chocolate. Take some of the chocolate facts from this article and combine with your favorite chocolate quote to both educate and entertain your followers!
- Post idea 3: Take a picture of yourself where you either hold a piece of chocolate in your hand or have something chocolaty on a plate in front of you (or whatever looks good in your opinion). Caption the picture with some background about the picture and what’s in it or, alternatively, with a longer story about what chocolate means to you.
World Chocolate Day Hashtags
When posting about World Chocolate Day on social media you should always remember to include suitable hashtags. By doing this you are helping people find your post from the so that people looking for the topic can find you.
These are the hashtags used specifically on World Chocolate Day:
- #worldchocolateday2021 (just change the year when necessary)
- #chocolateday2021 (just change the year when necessary)
Other popular chocolate day-related hashtags:
Note: some of the hashtags above are more specific and should not be used unless relevant to your post.
World Chocolate Day Quotes
People love chocolate. It is a fact. Thus, it should come as no surprise that there is a multitude of great chocolate quotes that are perfect for captions on World Chocolate Day. Here are a few of our favorite quotes for World Chocolate Day:
“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” – Dave Barry
“Chocolate from cacao, which comes from a tree. That makes it a plant. In other words, chocolate is a salad.”
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate and that’s kind of the same thing.
“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
“Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Chocolate makes it worthwhile.”
“Chocolate doesn’t ask silly questions. Chocolate understands.”
“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.” – Dave Barry
“Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” – Jo Brand
“A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.”
World Chocolate Day Facts & Trivia
We have compiled some of the most interesting and fun facts about World Chocolate Day.
- World Chocolate Day is big in India. Stars, including Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan have observed the holiday online in recent years.
- In 2017, Israeli chocolate restaurant Max Brenner celebrated World Chocolate Day by letting customers get anything they wanted covered in their melted chocolate — for free!
- In celebration of World Chocolate Day, Cadbury launched a Cadbury dairy milk 3D printer. In Melbourne, they let people purchase 3D printed chocolate shaped as Australian symbols, such as kangaroos and thongs!